- Title: Shattered Glass
- Author: Dani Alexander
- Series: Book 1 in the Shattered Glass series
- Genre(s): Contemporary M/M Romantic Suspense
- Publisher: Self-Published, January 2012
- Purchase: Amazon, $2.99
- Tropes: Insta-Love, Cops, Sex-for-Hire, Gangsters
- Quick blurb: Cop falls in love with rent boy. With some Russian mob stuff thrown in.
- Quick snark: The main character need to sit down and STFU. Then maybe I’ll finish this.
- Grade: DNF (for now)
Two words: Bunny. Slippers. How could I NOT buy this???
A male prostitute, a mangy cat, a murder and an obsession that threatens his career, his impending marriage and his life. Nothing is going as planned for Austin Glass.
Austin Glass seems to have it all: A loving fiancee, a future with the FBI and a healthy sized trust fund. At least on the surface. He also has a grin and a wisecrack for every situation. But the smile he presents to the world hides a painful past he’s buried too deeply to remember, and his quips mask bitterness and insecurity. Austin has himself and most of the whole world fooled—until he meets a redhead in a pair of bunny slippers.
As events unfold in the biggest case of his life, Austin’s carefully planned future unravels, and he finds himself pushed into making quick, life-changing decisions. But can he trust himself or anything he feels, when each event seems to be just a series of volatile reactions?
I was sure I was going to love this because of all the rave reviews, but I gave up about halfway through because it just left me exhausted. I felt like I needed to get my anxiety meds adjusted or something.