Have I mentioned that I ♥ bullet lists? And…ellipses. Also — em-dashes.
- The Virtuous Scoundrel by Maggie Fenton — For the love of god read Maggie Fenton just trust me on this.
- Doing No Harm by Carla Kelly — have I mentioned that I am a capital-F Fangirl?
- Only a Kiss by Mary Balogh — Only a Promise, not so much
- True Pretenses by Rose Lerner
- A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley
- Star Dust and A Midnight Clear by Emma Barry and Genevieve Turner
- The Earl I Adore by Erin Knightley
- Once Beloved by Amara Royce
- Tempted by Molly O’Keefe
- The Mistake by Lily Maxton — Everyone should read this novella series
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare — Yeah, me and everyone else. She kills it every time.
- Ransleigh Rogues series by Julia Justiss
- The Penniless Lords series by Sophia James
- The Lost Gentleman and The Gentleman Rogue by Margaret McPhee — I feel an Author Binge coming on.
- Taming the Legend by Kat Latham — The Author Crush continues.
- Once Upon a Rose by Laura Florand — OH MY GOD *swoon* <thud>
- Party Lines by Emma Barry
- A Taste of Heaven by Penny Watson
- Falling for the New Guy by Nicole Helm
- Craving Flight by Tamsen Parker
- Her Convenient Cowboy and Her Cowboy Deputy by Lacy Williams — The Author Crush continues.
- Of Love and War series by Stacy Henrie — Lovely. Just lovely.
- Alaskan Homecoming by Teri Wilson
- The Protector/The Champion/The Gladiator by Carla Capshaw
- Rebellious Heart by Jody Hedlund
- Beyond All Dreams by Elizabeth Camden
- Carla Kelly
- Molly O’Keefe
- Julie James
- Meredith Duran
- Laura Kaye
- Donna Thorland
- Edith Layton
- Sarah Mayberry
- Susanna Fraser
- Laura Frantz
- Erin Knightley
- Sarina Bowen
- Amanda Quick
Yes, really. I actually read — and liked — some New Adult.
- The Ivy Years series by Sarina Bowen — The Shameless Hour is brilliant.
- Trust the Focus and Focus on Me by Megan Erickson
- Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy
- The Deal by Elle Kennedy
- International School series by Chanel Cleeton
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- All the Susanna Kearsley — I’m on my second go-round. The Firebird is the current fave.
- A boatload of comfort reads — Tessa Dare, Lisa Kleypas, Cecilia Grant, Loretta Chase. And holy cow, I almost forgot how much I love Rupert and Daphne in Mr. Impossible.
- A bunch of Amanda Quick — With This Ring, I Thee Wed, The Paid Companion, Otherwise Engaged
- Virtuous Scoundrel by Maggie Fenton — Did I mention that you should READ THIS BOOK?
- The Queen’s Fool by Philippa Gregory – A bit more repetitive than I remember from traditional reads (and re-reads), but still my favorite Gregory.
- The Proposition by Judith Ivory — First listen from library, then I had to buy it so I can keep it on my phone at all times.
- Ransom by Julie Garwood — Everything I was hoping for that I didn’t get with The Prize.
- Heartless and Silent Melody by Mary Balogh
- The Siege Winter by Ariana Franklin and Samantha Norman — This helped me get over my blah about Hild (see below).
- The Gilded Hour by Sara Donati — Someone else needs to read this because I neeeeeed to discuss the ending.
- Miss Jacobson’s Journey by Carola Dunn
- Black Ice by Anne Stuart
- Lady X’s Cowboy by Zoe Archer
- An Infamous Marriage by Susanna Fraser
- The Raider by Jude Deveraux
- The Rake by Mary Jo Putney
- Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas — YAWN.
- The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy by Julia Quinn — Yawn.
- The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks — Tried both trad and audio, didn’t make it past the third chapter.
- A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers — Overrated inspie. Read the Capshaws instead.
- The Traitor’s Wife by Allison Pataki — A lot of “huh???” moments.
- The Tory Widow by Christine Blevins — I still can’t believe I DNF’d this.
- Hild by Nicola Griffith —I’m officially giving up.
- Fair Play by Deanne Gist — The only Gist I haven’t loved unreservedly. It’s page after page of Teachable Moments.
Still with the Book Anxiety….
- Tiffany Girl by Deanne Gist
- The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev
- A Dance with Danger by Jeannie Lin — Because if I read a Jeannie Lin, I have to READ ALL THE JEANNIE LIN.
- Indigo by Beverly Jenkins — Remind me we need to start the read-along of this!
The Big Fat Books….
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens — This is still a work in progress. A very…slow…work in progress.
The TBR Challenges….
- Free Agent by Roz Lee — A half-snark whinging.
- The Earl I Adore by Erin Knightley
- A Knight in Shining Armor and The Raider by Jude Devereaux
- Carla Kelly historicals
- RITA-nominated inspirationals
- The Cad by Edith Layton
- Devil’s Bride by Stephanie Laurens — A full-snark bitchfest.
- A Pirate for Christmas by Anna Campbell
The Heyer Project….
I documented Part II of the quest, in which I color-coded a spreadsheet of Heyer’s character archetypes and plot tropes.
I’ve listened to Bath Tangle and Black Sheep and Venetia three times to erase Cousin Kate from my brain.
Deconstructing For Such a Time, Parts 1-17
I know I went overboard on my continued ranting about this book and probably pissed off a lot of people, but I desperately needed to think through the depictions of my faith on the page.
- Intro: Just Because You CAN Doesn’t Mean You SHOULD
- Fuck It, I’m Going Full Snark — A ridiculous recap featuring Bugs Bunny and Sound of Music memes.
- Part 1: An Angry Book Nerd Manifesto
- Part 2: Allegory, Schmallegory
- Part 3: The Fallacy of the “Magic Bible”
- Part 4: What Really Matters
I learned a lot, and what I learned will forever change the way I read inspirationals and historical fiction.