- Title: Gambling on Love
- Author: Nancy Fraser and Patti Shenberger
- Genre(s): Historical
- Publisher: Entangled (Scandalous), April 2013
- Source: NetGalley
- Length: 87 pages
- Trope(s): Runaway Debutante, In Disguise, Slavery, Gambling,
- Quick blurb: Southern belle hires riverboat captain to transport her father’s former slaves to safety.
- Quick review: Not painful, not much there.
- Grade: C-
Instead of a quote, I will make reference to the six (6) times the word “teat” is used in this story. Hence the minus added to the letter grade.
I don’t have much to say about this one — nothing too objectionable, but nothing memorable. The middle sagged with no real conflict, and the heroine was Little Miss Perfect throughout the story.