- Title: Hold Me Down Hard
- Author: Cathryn Fox
- Genre(s): Contemporary, Erotica
- Publisher: Entangled (Flirt), May 2013
- Source: NetGalley
- Length: 51 pages
- Trope(s): Small-Town Girl in the Big City, Sexy Cop
- Quick blurb: Actress gets sexy cop neighbor to “run lines” so she can nail (wink, wink) an upcoming role.
- Quick review: Too short for Full Snark. Almost DNFed it.
- Grade: D
“Actually, these lines seem a bit cheesy.”
I had to choose that quote. How could I not choose that quote? I requested this solely for the “naive Iowa farm girl” bit in the blurb, and the nicest thing I have to say is that it’s exactly what I expected.
This short story (a very strange choice for Entangled’s Flirt line) is one erotica cliché after another (except a billionaire CEO), with some eye-rolling attempts at ridiculously superficial characterization.