- Title: After Hours
- Author: Cara McKenna
- Genre(s): Contemporary, Erotica
- Publisher: Penguin/Intermix, April 2013
- Source: NetGalley
- Length: 281 pages
- Trope(s): Loners, Annoying Siblings, Tragic Pasts
- Quick blurb: A rookie psychiatric nurse gets involved – very reluctantly – with her enigmatic coworker.
- Quick review: Just add me to all the other “holy shit wow” reviews.
- Grade: A-
“What we have between us is strong and stupid.”
When I beg for “something different,” THIS is what I mean. Difficult, dark characters in a desperate, almost desolate setting, and McKenna makes it all subversively romantic.