Yes, I’m still here. I have a boatload of reviews in the backlog, so be prepared for a influx of One-Quote Wonders.
- Title: Lady with the Devil’s Scar
- Author: Sophia James
- Genre(s): Historical
- Publisher: Harlequin, August 2012
- Source: Amazon ($4.61 ebook)
- Length: 288 pages
- Trope(s): Scarred Heroine, Illegitimate Loner Hero, Vengeful King
- Quick blurb: Daughter of infamous Highland rebel fights and flirts with French mercenary sent to destroy her castle.
- Quick review: Strong characters and good historical world-building, but not something I’ll read again.
- Grade: B-
He kissed like a warrior would, taking what he needed without discourse to the properness of society, her timid answer pushed away into sheer and blazing want.
Sophia James, along with Julia Justiss and Elizabeth Rolls, was one of my “gateway” Harlequin Historical authors – I glommed her entire backlist when I first got my Kindle.
James is one of those authors that I enjoy, but not enough to rave about, and Lady With the Devil’s Scar fits right in that middle territory – I liked it, but not enough to displace any of my favorites.
Coming up next: The Sophia James Backlist Binge….