- Title: Lady Outlaw
- Author: Stacy Henrie
- Series/Category: Love Inspired Historical
- Genre(s): Historical (Western), Inspirational
- Publisher: Harlequin, September 2012
- Source: Amazon ($3.82 ebook)
- Length: 288 pages
- Trope(s): Cowgirl in Peril, Beta Hero with Tragic Past, Evil Banker, Bad Guys in Salooons
- Quick blurb: Desperate rancheress rethinks her dangerous ways of acquiring money when she hires an ex-bounty hunter with a tragic past as her new cowhand.
- Quick review: Good — but recommended only for dedicated inspie readers.
- Grade: B-
“Is that what this is about? Making sacrifices?” He leaned forward. “A sacrifice is only worth something if it’s right. Sacrificing your integrity, your happiness, your freedom — that won’t bring you anything but misery. I know, because I tried.”
A strong-but-vulnerable heroine, an honorable beta hero with a believable tragic past, and a great set-up for the spot-on faith messages. But compared to my last read, Henrie’s storytelling and voice sagged. This was her debut novel, and I’d be willing to try her second.