- Title: The Rake’s Redemption
- Author: Regina Scott
- Series/Category: Everard Legacy, Book 3 (Love Inspired Historical)
- Genre(s): Historical (Regency), Inspirational, Suspense
- Publisher: Harlequin, November 2012
- Source: NetGalley ($3.82 ebook)
- Length: 288 pages
- Trope(s): Annoyingly Perky Heroine, Angsty Emo Hero, Insta-Love, Mistorical, Purple Prose
- Quick blurb: Marquess’s daughter decides a dueling poet is the perfect man to acquire her father’s title.
- Quick review: This wasn’t working for me as a historical, as a suspense, as an inspirational OR as a romance.
- Grade: DNF
It started with the Regency heroine asking an uknown man to dance at a ball. Then we get this:
…she’d wondered whether she’d finally found the suitor she’d been praying for — someone who could help her protect the family name, as her father’s only living child.
And then, during an actual prayer, it got worse.
“Show me the man You mean to help me gain approval to carry on the title of Marquess of Widmore!”
So, yeah. It was like that.