I have to do a One-Quote Review for this because anything longer would be nauseatingly sycophantic.
- Title: Second Hand
- Author(s): Heidi Cullinan and Marie Sexton
- Series: Tucker Springs, Book 2
- Genre(s): Contemporary, GLBTQ (M/M)
- Publisher: Riptide Publishing, September 2012
- Source: Provided by the publisher via NetGalley ($6.99 ebook, available 9/10)
- Length: 175 pages
- Trope(s): Friends-to-Lovers, Rebound, Angst, Gay for You, Dysfunctional Families, Beta Heroes
- Quick blurb: Lonely and jaded pawn shop owner falls for seemingly-straight customer.
- Quick review: The dog’s name is MoJo. See his begging eyes and wistful expression? He wants you to read this book.
- Grade: A
“I just want to be the first choice for someone for once. Just once.”
So, Heidi and Marie, just go ahead and push all my buttons, and THEN reach in and pull my guts out. You both seem to be good at that sort of thing.
ALSO: Hurry the hell up with your next books, so I can fling myself on the altar of your brilliance ALL OVER AGAIN.
I guess that last bit crossed the “sycophant” line, huh? Oh, well. I HAVE NO SHAME.