- Title: Portside
- Author: Elyan Smith
- Series: N/A
- Genre(s): GLBTQ
- Publisher: Riptide Publishing, June 2012
- Source: Provided by the publisher via NetGalley ($2.99 ebook)
- Length: 35 pages
- Trope(s): Virgin, Sex-for-Hire
- Quick blurb: Lonely and reclusive Iwan briefly escapes his dreary coastal town to find self-acceptance with a London rentboy.
- Quick review: I have no effin’ clue how to review this HFN novella.
- Grade: B
“Have a good night,” he said, when he wanted to add something like “stay” and “let’s make it out” and suddenly find all his romantic feelings on his sleeve for someone that fucking perfect.
Dark and distant and desperate, but in a good way. And yes, I know that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but it’s going to take me a few re-reads to figure out how to describe where this story took me.