- Title: Giving It Up
- Author: Amber Lin
- Series: N/A
- Genre(s): Contemporary, Suspense
- Publisher: Loose Id, June 2012
- Source: Amazon, $7.99 ebook (now $6.39)
- Length: 308 pages
- Trope(s): Angst, Guilt Issues, Single Mother, Gangsters
- Quick blurb: Struggling single mother gets more than she bargains for when she hooks up with a gangster’s brother.
- Quick review: Not quite what I expected, but great writing and a fantastic single mother heroine.
- Grade: B+
I wanted him for my own, and that wanting was like a chant in my head. A greedy, futile chant.
I wasn’t expecting all the suspense-y stuff, but I loved the depth of the characterizations – in particular, the actually truly realistic and believable single mother heroine. And her kid is not a plot moppet prop. I know, right???