- Title: Complete Faith
- Author: Sue Brown
- Series: Morning Report, Book 2
- Genre(s): Contemporary, M/M
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press, April 2012
- Source: Digital ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley ($5.38 ebook)
- Length: 240 pages
- Trope(s): Coming Out, Cowboys, Virgin
- Quick blurb: Preacher inspires young ranch hand to come out of the closet.
- Quick review: Not a lot of emotional depth considering the race and religion themes.
- Grade: C
The pastor of St. Mark’s was a walking wet dream as far as Tommy was concerned: smooth chocolate skin that fascinated him, and huge dark eyes that seemed to know everything there was to know about him.
I LOVED that one of the heroes was a gay black preacher, but the characters and storytelling seemed really simplistic and superficial, and even the sex was perfunctory. I was expecting a lot more emotion, both romantically and spiritually – Marie Sexton’s Between Sinners and Saints set my expectations, and Complete Faith just felt completely lackluster in comparison.