- Title: Redemption of a Hollywood Starlet
- Author: Kimberly Lang
- Series: The Marshalls, Book 3
- Genre(s): Contemporary
- Publisher: Harlequin (Presents Extra), June 2012
- Source: Free from the publisher via NetGalley ($2.99 ebook, $4.99 MMPB)
- Length: 192 pages
- Trope(s): Movie Stars, Parental Pressure, Manwhore, Slut Shaming, Misogyny
- Quick blurb: Slut-shamed Hollywood princess attempts a comeback in a film produced by the ex who led her down the path of wickedness.
- Quick review: Promising premise, but the execution was a huge missed opportunity.
- Grade: D
“I think we’ve proved that you can raise hell and people will still respect you, but I can’t. It’s a horrible double standard, so I’ve worked very, very hard to clean up my act.”
The set-up for the oh-so-promising premise was there, but the story never even came close to being the “redemption” I was looking for. The HERO was the one who needed to get his head out of his ass, not the titular Hollywood Starlet. Exalted Manwhore + Slut-Shaming = Misogyny Wins Again.