- Title: Cowboy Heat
- Author: Sable Hunter
- Series: Book 1 in the Hell Yeah! series
- Genre(s): Contemporary, Erotica
- Publisher: Self-Published, October 2010
- Purchase: Amazon, free (now regular $4.99, free in Kindle Lending Library)
- Tropes: Insta-Love, Virgin Heroine, Alpha Male, Wicked Ex-Wife, Magical Orgasm Cure, Plot Moppet, Simile Sex, Sports Metaphors, Religious Metaphors, Cowboy, Sensitive Artist
- Quick blurb: Virgin cancer patient, artistic cowboy, orgasmic brownies. You do the math.
- Quick snark: A truly astounding collection of Sex Similes.
- Grade: D-
I’m always on the lookout for cheap, fun and short erotica, and this one caught my eye because it was free, it had decent ratings on Amazon and Goodreads, and the blurb was intriguing:
Aron McCoy has sworn off women – except for sex. When Libby Fontaine arrives at Aron’s Tebow Ranch, she is determined to cram a lifetime of living into a few short months. The doctor has told her that she can’t count on her remission from leukemia being a permanent one. Their attraction to one another is instantaneous and overwhelming. But when Aron finds out that Libby is innocent – he backs off. He has nothing to offer a girl who deserves white lace and promises. Then Aron catches Libby pleasuring herself in his stock tank and hears her cry out his name – and the heat is on.
I wasn’t expecting award-winning literature, but this went straight onto my “Thank God It Was Free” shelf. Inconsistent characterization, random point-of-view changes, painful dialogue, laughable sex….
And the similes. MY GOD, the similes.
You’ve never seen a collection of Sex Similes like this, and you likely never will. Here’s a quick sample to get your juices flowing:
Twin globes of perfection hung down like the most delicious melons. Sweet Jesus! Honey-dews!
No, really. And that’s just a teaser.
(Didja get that “juices flowing” metaphor? <snort> I crack myself up sometimes.)