- Title: Bite
- Author: Jenny Lyn
- Series: Heated Measures, Book 1
- Genre(s): Contemporary, Erotica
- Publisher: Etopia Press, November 2012
- Source: Provided by the author (99¢ ebook)
- Length: 30 pages
- Trope(s): Smartass Heroine, Food, Tattoos
- Quick blurb: Smartass Heroine (did I mention the heroine is a SMARTASS?) gets into hot water* with the instructor of her cooking class.
- Quick review: Thirty pages of glorious smartassitude and stupidly hot smexing.
- Grade: A
…My spine straightened at the scolding, but my mouth did what it knew best. “Well, that’s just a waste of perfectly good bourbon, if you ask me.”
…Crisis averted, he’d walked away, leaving me confused, frustrated, but still in possession of my eyebrows and a massive lady boner. I was hot for my teacher. The pork chops could go to hell.
..He flipped the chalkboard over. I read the intimidating words “Artichoke Soufflé,” and before I could perform the rare task of censoring myself, I blurted, “Oh, now you’re just fucking with us.”
…His gaze drifted down to my chest, stopping on the spot where I’d used a blue Sharpie to add the word “Me” behind “Bite,” the name of his restaurant. His eyes flicked back up to my face, staying there as he announced, “Class is cancelled for tonight, ladies.”
So, to hell with my stupid “One-Quote” format. That was all from TWO PAGES from the BEGINNING of this novella, and THEN it started in with the sexy times and I just about LOST IT. I don’t know what “it” was, specifically, but something down below was definitely off its usual axis when that Bite Me apron came off.
You’ll just have to READ IT YOURSELF to find out about the artichokes and the tattoos.
*Yes, I KNOW that was totally cheesy and ridiculously obvious, but I DID IT ANYWAY. Once again proving why I’m a reviewer, not an author.